7.62 WOLF Performance Ammunition is a trademark associated with Sporting Supplies International (SSI), a corporation in the United States. It was founded in 2005. The ammunition was mostly manufactured by Tula Cartridge Plant in Tula, Tula District, Russia from 2005 to 2009. Some .22-caliber rimfire ammunition is made by SK Jagd und Sportmunitions GmbH (SK Hunting- and Sporting-Ammunition) of Schönebeck, Salzlandkreis, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.
WOLF Performance Ammunition has several product lines which include:
- WOLF Polyformance – Polymer-coated steel-cased civilian-market hunting-cartridge ammunition from Russian factories. Comes in a black box.
- WPA (WOLF Performance Ammunition) Military Classic – Polymer-coated steel-cased military-cartridge ammunition from Russian factories. Comes in a tan box with a camouflage pattern.
- WOLF Gold – Brass-cased civilian-market ammunition. (Unlike the steel-cased ammunition, the brass-cased ammo is more easily reloadable.) Formerly made by Prvi Partizan, it is now manufactured in Taiwan. Comes in a black box.
- WOLF Rimfire – Match-grade .22LR ammunition from Germany and Russia. Comes in a black box.
- WOLF Shotshell – Shotgun ammunition with polymer-hulled shells.
- .410 Bore and 28 Gauge (Crimson Hulls)
- 20 Gauge (Yellow Hulls)
- Target Sport (Blue Hulls) shells are for skeet and target shooting.
- Dove and Quail (Red Hulls) and Heavy Dove and Quail (Red Hulls) shells are for hunting small game birds. The latter has a heavier load of birdshot.
- Pheasant (Orange Hulls) shells are for hunting medium game birds.
- Water Fowl (Black Hulls) steel shot shells are for hunting large game birds like ducks and geese.
- Power (Opaque White Hulls) slug or buckshot shells are for deer and other large game animals.
- WOLF Performance Primers: WOLF makes its own primers for loading or reloading centerfire cartridges.
- WOLF Performance Gear & Apparel: WOLF sells its own brand of gun carrying cases and clothing.
Unlike some suppliers of such bargain-price ammo, WOLF uses newly manufactured rounds with non-corrosive Berdan- and Boxer-type primers. Russia is the world’s largest source of 7.62×39mm ammunition, which is used by the Russian AK-47 and SKS family of rifles, as well as the Ruger Mini-30.
T91 uppers have also been exported to the United States through Wolf Ammunition|Wolf Performance Ammunition. When it was first released Wolf was reported to have sold more than a thousand uppers in one day…
There are no reviews yet.